Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video Define the data sources in GlassFish server, part of Java EE: Concurrency and Multithreading.
- [Instructor] Now let's see the demo for concurrency…by using the JTA Transaction API.…Now, let's understand this,…that I am going to simulate a scenario here.…I have only one database schema, which is test.…So, I am going to create a scenario where I establish…two different data sources pointing…to that same database, test.…And that we will see that whenever you perform…transactions on multiple data sources,…is the transaction management okay…during concurrency programming.…So, we have a set of two tables:…bank_account_transaction and bank_account_transaction_log.…
And they're dependent tables,…so if you have an entry in bank_account_transaction,…only then will you ever have an entry…in bank_account_transaction_log.…So, the transaction ID is a foreign key in the second table…which is, of course, the primary key of the first one.…Do not worry about the table schema…because the database script is…already provided to you in the exercise folders.…So, you can just run them on…and have them at your database.…Now, we have to create two different…
- What is concurrency?
- Processes and threads in Java SE
- Java EE concurrency APIs
- Working with the ManagedExecutorService, ManagedScheduledExecutorService, ManagedThreadFactory, and ContextService APIs
- Defining data access object (DAO) classes
- Adding methods to DAO classes
- Writing REST classes
- Creating custom thread factories
- Creating contextual proxies
- JTA transactions and concurrency
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Contexts and Dependency Injectionwith Alex Theedom1h 43m Intermediate
Java EE: Design Patterns and Architecturewith Alex Theedom2h 44m Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview and Setup
2. Processes and Threads
3. Executor API
4. Java EE Concurrency APIs
5. Concurrency and Transactions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.