Learn methods for debugging Java code in IntelliJ IDEA.
- [Instructor] Debuggers are tools…to help you find errors within your source code.…The debugging capabilities within Intellij are excellent.…Go to your Solutions module,…go to the Test folder…and navigate through java, com, your name…and open My Triple Test.…Within a debugger,…a breakpoint is a line within your code…where you indicate that the debugger should pause…when it reaches execution of the code…up to, but not including that line of code.…
Within Intellij, you can set a breakpoint…by placing your cursor in the Gutter…and left clicking.…This orange line indicates that a breakpoint has been set.…We can execute our code within the debugger…by going to the class definition,…pressing this icon and selecting Debug My Triple Test.…As you can see, the execution has paused at line 24…within your test wrong calculation method.…
You can step through your code one line at a time…by using this icon or the F8 key.…We don't have fields to find within My Triple,…but using the Variables window,…if there were fields,…we could set values for them at this point…
- The IMQAV model
- Downloading software
- Installing and setting up a Java coding environment
- Mock tests
- Code coverage
- Using windows, views, and modes in IntelliJ IDEA
- Creating classes and attributes
- Creating constructors
- Casting variables
- Matching literals with regular expressions
- Regular expressions
- Design patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Java: Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Java
2. Test-Driven Development
3. IntelliJ IDEA
4. Object-Oriented Java
6. Regular Expressions (Regex)
8. Design Patterns
9. Applying Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.