- Now I'd like to talk about the term "J - A - R."…J - A - R is referred to as a "JAR" file,…and the "JAR" in JAR file stands for "Java Archive."…It's commonly used to combine several classes…into one compressed file.…JAR files are created either using the utility…jar.exe that's provided in the Java JDK,…or you can create your JAR file in your IDE,…your integrated development environment.…In this section I will describe creating JAR files…from both the command line, and in the IDE.…
Let's start with a command line version.…Before making our JAR file, we need to get all our classes…and manifest file together in one directory.…Let's use windows explorer to create a new…folder called "Geometry," inside our "my java" folder.…Now we can copy all the files from the 04_02 exercise folder…into the geometry folder.…We're all set now, we can work with the files…in the console window to make our JAR file.…
To make the JAR file runnable, you need to create a manifest…file that specifies which class contains the main method.…
- Getting started with parsing
- Reviewing data types
- Using decisions
- Creating user-defined methods
- Command-line debugging
- Exploring the Java API
- Creating and instantiating classes
- Working with interfaces
- Storing items with arrays
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: How can I make my debugger function like the author’s?
1. Command Level Programming
2. Basics Review
4. Java API
5. Simulations and Algorithm Analysis
6. Classes and Objects
7. More on Classes
8. Data Structures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.