Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a single thread with ManagedThreadFactory, part of Java EE: Concurrency and Multithreading.
- [Narrator] Let's take a look…at the Managed Thread Factory demo now.…The list of steps is on the slide in front of us.…The first step is to add a REST class in the project,…so let's head back to the IDE and add a REST class.…Let's say this is going to be logging resource.…Let's set the path annotation to it…on line number 12.…Want to say add at path and say log data.…
Let's also inject the Managed Thread Factory…by at resource annotation inside the REST class.…So let's go to the concurrent resources tab…on the GlassFish admin console.…And you can go to manage thread factories…and pick up that JNDI name.…So I'm copying that.…Let's come back to the class…and there on line number 18 I'm going…to first get the resource annotation.…And then get a reference.…Sorry, before that I think we need to do the look up.…
So let's delete this line.…We don't need this right now.…Let's first do the lookup.…And let's give that name.…Once we do this there on the next slide…we will have a reference to the managed thread factory api.…
- What is concurrency?
- Processes and threads in Java SE
- Java EE concurrency APIs
- Working with the ManagedExecutorService, ManagedScheduledExecutorService, ManagedThreadFactory, and ContextService APIs
- Defining data access object (DAO) classes
- Adding methods to DAO classes
- Writing REST classes
- Creating custom thread factories
- Creating contextual proxies
- JTA transactions and concurrency
Skill Level Advanced
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview and Setup
2. Processes and Threads
3. Executor API
4. Java EE Concurrency APIs
5. Concurrency and Transactions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.