Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a contextual proxy, part of Java EE: Concurrency and Multithreading.
- [Instructor] Let us take a look…at the ContextService API Demo now.…We want to make this very simple…because ContextService is a very useful advanced scenarios.…Let's take a look at what we want to do.…The first step is add a REST class in the project,…so let's go back to the IDE and add a REST class here,…let's say, ContextServiceAPIResource.…@Path an addition here.…
Let's give it a value.…Okay, next is inject ContextService object…by the resource annotation, so like the way…we have injected all the other managed resources,…let's inject this one, too.…Let's go to the server and let's go to context services…and pick up the default context service object available.…So, that's the JNDI name.…Let's come back to our class, and we'll say @Resource.…
Let's do a lookup of this object…and assign it to a reference or,…this is a dependency injection that we're doing,…so we're going to say ContextService, take a reference.…Okay.…Once this is done, we create a simple runnable…implementation, which will fetch…the security context information.…
- What is concurrency?
- Processes and threads in Java SE
- Java EE concurrency APIs
- Working with the ManagedExecutorService, ManagedScheduledExecutorService, ManagedThreadFactory, and ContextService APIs
- Defining data access object (DAO) classes
- Adding methods to DAO classes
- Writing REST classes
- Creating custom thread factories
- Creating contextual proxies
- JTA transactions and concurrency
Skill Level Advanced
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
1. Overview and Setup
2. Processes and Threads
3. Executor API
4. Java EE Concurrency APIs
5. Concurrency and Transactions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.