- The history of Java
- Setting up your development environment
- Working with values and variables
- Using methods and functions
- Capturing user input
- Creating conditional tests
- Using loops
- Creating and changing arrays
- Object-oriented programming in Java
- Defining permissions
- Extending classes
Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] Java is a core programming language for creating web applications. My name is Doug Winnie, and in this course you will build on the concepts introduced in the Computer Science Principles, Programming course, and learn the specific syntax to apply those principles in the Java programming language. In this course we will cover how you can get your Mac OS or Windows machine to code in Java and test your code using a console. Then we'll go through the specifics of working with values, variables, working with conditional tests, loops, working with collections using arrays, and introduce object oriented concepts with Java.
After you've completed this course you'll know the basics of Java programming and have a solid foundation to go deeper with Java to build powerful applications for the web and Android.
Computer Science Principles: The Internetwith Doug Winnie59m 30s Beginner
Java Essential Training for Studentswith Peggy Fisher3h 6m Intermediate
1. Intro to Java
2. Define Actions Using Code
3. Repeat Actions and Test for Conditions
4. Object-Oriented Programming Basics
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.