- If you're the type of programmer that prefers to use…the command line to run your programs,…we can still do debugging.…There is a command line debugger available within the jdk.…The debugger is called jdb, for Java Debugger.…The first thing we need to do when we're in…our command window is to make sure…that we still have our path set.…So I'm gonna use my batch file…and I'm gonna type SetPath.bat.…Now, it's a good idea to recompile your program…using the -g option.…
This generates all the debugging information.…So let's do that.…I'm gonna do javac.…Copy the exercise file for this video…to your myJava folder to follow along.…I have a program in my myJava folder called DebugDemo.java.…I'm gonna use the -g option.…Okay, now I'm ready to use the Java Debugger…that's included in our jdk environment.…So, to debug the program, we type in jdb.…
Then we type in the name of our class, DebugDemo.…And our particular program requires…that we pass in a message.…So I'm gonna say "Welcome to Lynda.com."…Now I need to specify the debug information.…
- Getting started with parsing
- Reviewing data types
- Using decisions
- Creating user-defined methods
- Command-line debugging
- Exploring the Java API
- Creating and instantiating classes
- Working with interfaces
- Storing items with arrays
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: How can I make my debugger function like the author’s?
1. Command Level Programming
2. Basics Review
4. Java API
5. Simulations and Algorithm Analysis
6. Classes and Objects
7. More on Classes
8. Data Structures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.