Data structures implement the collection interface, which is part of the collections framework. The collections framework provides high-performance, high-quality implementations of useful data structures and algorithms.
- [Instructor] The Collections Framework.…All data structures implement the collection interface…which is part of the Collections framework.…Here is a picture of how the framework is set up.…We have the Collection interface at the top…and there are three main sub-interfaces,…the Set, the List, and the Queue.…Underneath the Set interface,…we have a TreeSet, SortedSet, and Hashset.…Under list, we have Vector and ArrayList, LinkedList,…and under Queue we have PriorityQueue and Deque.…
Under Vector we have Stack.…Now the arrows here represent that, for example,…the List implements the Collection Interface.…So you can see the ArrayList implements a List.…The LinkedList implements a List as well.…And that means that all the methods…that are available in the List interface…are also available in the ArrayList and the LinkedList.…The Collections Framework provides high performance,…high-quality implementations of usable data structures…and algorithms.…
There is a Collections class…that contains some static methods…that are inherited by all the subclasses,…
In this course, explore data structures in the Java language. Follow Peggy Fisher as she introduces you to several types of commonly-used data structures in Java. Peggy explores ArrayLists and LinkedLists, both of which implement the List interface, which extends the Collection interface and allows you to access list elements in a specific order. She also goes into the Vector, Stack, and Queue collection classes. To help you better understand these new concepts, Peggy wraps up the course with a challenge—creating a grocery list—and provides a solution for that challenge.
- Reviewing the types of data structures
- Working with the Collection interface and Iterable interface
- Working with ArrayLists and LinkedLists
- Using the Vector, Stack, and Queue collection classes