Learn methods for executing Java code in IntelliJ IDEA.
- [Instructor] Throughout this course,…we'll be executing Java code by using the JUnit test runner.…However, it's also possible to execute Java code…if it contains a main method.…Navigate through your solutions module…to source, main, java, com, yourname,…and open MyTripleWithMain.…As you can see, this class has a main method.…IntelliJ will execute your Java code directly.…Use the context menu and go to Run MyTripleTestWithMain.…
Here, we see the output from System.out.printline…shall we triple something?…Again I'll repeat, we'll use JUnit's test runner…throughout most of this course.…In production environments, it's unlikely…that you'll ever write a main method.…It is more likely that your code will call methods…on servers or other systems that have a main method.…However, it is worthwhile to see how to use a main method,…because as you read other people's Java code,…you'll often encounter a main method.…
And it will have this syntax, public static void main.…It takes an array of Strings and, by convention,…it's usually called A-R-G-S, for arguments.…
- The IMQAV model
- Downloading software
- Installing and setting up a Java coding environment
- Mock tests
- Code coverage
- Using windows, views, and modes in IntelliJ IDEA
- Creating classes and attributes
- Creating constructors
- Casting variables
- Matching literals with regular expressions
- Regular expressions
- Design patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Java: Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Java
2. Test-Driven Development
3. IntelliJ IDEA
4. Object-Oriented Java
6. Regular Expressions (Regex)
8. Design Patterns
9. Applying Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.