Learn to create classes and attributes in Java.
- [Instructor] Object oriented theory uses the term…attribute, and Java uses the term field.…For most intents and purposes while working…within Java, the terms are synonymous.…Fields can be associated with objects or with classes.…Fields associated with classes are known as static fields.…Fields can be modified with certain keywords.…Abstract, final, interface, native, et cetera,…are modifiers that can be applied.…
Within your solutions module, under the attributes package,…we have a SampleAttributes class…and we have a SampleAttributesTest class.…Let's look at the modifiers that we've applied to…several fields within the SampleAttributes class.…First we have public for lastName,…private for firstName.…Following the principles of encapsulation,…in most circumstances you should indicate…that your fields are private.…
Protected indicates that middleName…will be available to classes that inherit…from the class SampleAttributes.…Finally, since the String occupation…does not have a modifier, by default…its access is package-private.…
- The IMQAV model
- Downloading software
- Installing and setting up a Java coding environment
- Mock tests
- Code coverage
- Using windows, views, and modes in IntelliJ IDEA
- Creating classes and attributes
- Creating constructors
- Casting variables
- Matching literals with regular expressions
- Regular expressions
- Design patterns
Skill Level Intermediate
Java: Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Java
2. Test-Driven Development
3. IntelliJ IDEA
4. Object-Oriented Java
6. Regular Expressions (Regex)
8. Design Patterns
9. Applying Data Science
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.