Join Alex Theedom for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenges, part of WebSocket Programming with Java EE.
- [Instructor] This course includes several videos called challenges. Challenges are hands-on activities that give you a chance to practice what you have just learned. I'll introduce each challenge by describing your main objectives for the activity. If the challenge involves sample files, I'll tell you where to find them. I'll also give you a general estimate of the time needed to complete the challenge. Once you've completed the challenge, be sure to view the matching solutions video. In each solutions videos, I will show you the step-by-step process that I use to solve the challenge. If there's more than one way to go about completing the challenge, I'll mention alternative strategies as well.
Again, this is an opportunity for you to master what you've learned. I hope you have fun with them.
Join Alex Theedom as he guides you through the lifecycle of a WebSocket connection, and discusses the Java EE WebSocket programming methodologies: annotation and programmatic. He shows how to secure and encrypt WebSocket endpoints and use simple techniques to test their implementation. In addition, he explains how to integrate the JSON-processing API and build a front-end and server based WebSocket client.
- WebSocket usage
- WebSocket lifecycle and topology
- WebSocket front end and back end
- WebSocket methodologies
- Annotation methodology and programmatic methodology
- Coding a client API
- Using the JSON Processing API
- Coding the encoder and decoder
- Building the front end
- Testing WebSocket endpoints
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Platforms Compared: SE vs EE vs MEwith Peggy Fisher25m 38s Intermediate
1. Introduction to WebSocket
2. WebSockets Front End and Back End
3. Project Application and Structure
4. Java EE WebSocket API
5. Messages and Encoding
6. Build Web Front End
7. WebSocket Security
8. Testing WebSocket Endpoints
Next steps1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.