Join Alex Theedom for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenges, part of RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0.
- [Instructor] This course includes several videos called challenges. Challenges are hands on activities that give you a chance to practice what you have just learned. I'll introduce each challenge by describing your main objectives for the activity. If the challenge involves sample files, I'll tell you where to find them. I'll also give you a general estimate of the time needed to complete the challenge. Once you've complete the challenge, be sure to view the matching solutions video. In each solutions video I will show you the step by step process that I used to solve the challenge. If there's more than one way to go about completing the challenge I'll mention alternative strategies as well.
Again, this is an opportunity for you to master what you've learned. I hope you have fun with them.
Join Alex Theedom as he guides you through a wide range of topics, including how to define resource endpoints, how to add dynamism to your application with hypermedia, how to maintain data integrity with Bean Validation, and how to process messages with the JSON Processing API. Once you have completed this course, you'll be ready to develop your own client and server RESTful APIs.
- Discover the extent of JAX-RS's features
- Use the annotation methodology
- Use the inheritance methodology
- Define a REST contract and API root
- Create the REST resource entity
- Create the REST resource methods
- Understand consumers and producers
- Work with different media types
- Define and work with path parameters
- Build a REST response and handle exceptions
- Implement Bean Validation and manage failures
- Create a RESTful client that consumes the web service
- Use JSON-P API with the REST client
- Implement hypermedia (HATEOAS)
Skill Level Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
1. JAX-RS 2.0
2. Introduction to Bookshop Application
3. Create a REST Resource
4. Responses and HATEOAS
5. Bean Validation API
6. Create a REST Client
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.