Join Peggy Fisher for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenges explained, part of Java Essential Training for Students.
- Throughout this course, you're gonna run across several movies labeled as Challenges. Challenges are hands on opportunities for you to practice and master what you're learning throughout the course. At the beginning of each Challenge I'll give you a clear set of objectives. If there are any sample files, I'll show you where to find those. And I'll also give you a rough estimate of how long each Challenge took me to complete as well. Once you've completed the Challenge, come back and watch the Solution video.
In that Solution video, I'll show you how I completed the Challenge, and give you some insight on my thought process along the way. Again, Challenges are great opportunities for you to practice what you're learning as we progress through this course. But they are also a chance for you to have some fun as well. So be sure to try them out.
- Getting started with parsing
- Reviewing data types
- Using decisions
- Creating user-defined methods
- Command-line debugging
- Exploring the Java API
- Creating and instantiating classes
- Working with interfaces
- Storing items with arrays
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Command Level Programming
2. Basics Review
4. Java API
5. Simulations and Algorithm Analysis
6. Classes and Objects
7. More on Classes
8. Data Structures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.