Join Peggy Fisher for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Kathie's Catering, part of Java Essential Training for Students.
- It's time for the Challenge on classes.…In this Challenge, we've been hired by Kathie's Catering.…Kathie's Catering has hired us to create an application…to help manage her upcoming events.…The catering company provides meals for Parties…and special occasions, such as Weddings, Birthdays,…Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, those types of events.…So, for this challenge, I want you to create an Event class.…The Event class will hold specific information…about the event.…
The Type of event; make this a string variable…so we can hold things like weddings, retirement, birthday.…The date of the event, the number of guests.…Let's set a default cost for each guest to $40…inside of the class.…And finally, I'd like a computer generated event number.…This number will start with the first letter of the event.…So, for example, if it was a wedding, it would start with W.…Define a static variable for the next number,…that way it'll automatically add one to our number,…regardless of whether the new event is a wedding,…or a birthday, or a shower.…
- Getting started with parsing
- Reviewing data types
- Using decisions
- Creating user-defined methods
- Command-line debugging
- Exploring the Java API
- Creating and instantiating classes
- Working with interfaces
- Storing items with arrays
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Command Level Programming
2. Basics Review
4. Java API
5. Simulations and Algorithm Analysis
6. Classes and Objects
7. More on Classes
8. Data Structures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.