Kathryn introduces the "Dice Roll" challenge. With this challenge, you create a dice roll program where the user will be able to roll dice, and the program will output the value of that roll.
- [Instructor] So, what did we learn in this chapter?…Well, we learned a lot about flow control…and decision-making in your code.…We also learned about how to debug our programs…with print statements and breakpoints.…In this challenge, you will create a dice roll program,…where the user will be able to roll a dice,…and the program will output the value of that die.…For example, the user might input, "Roll the dice"…in the console, and then the program would roll the dice…using the random class to come up with two random rolls.…Feel free to create your own class for the dice,…or simply write all of your code in the main method.…
- Downloading Java 9 and choosing an IDE
- Understanding Java basics: data types, strings, arrays, and more
- Controlling flow with functions and loops
- Working with inheritance and interfaces
- Learning lambda
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Java Basics
3. Control Flow
4. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.