In this challenge video, practice the decorator pattern on pizzas.
(energetic electronic music) … - [Instructor] Let's say you want to start up a pizza store, … offering both thick and thin crust pizzas. … You'd like to offer a variety of toppings … for the pizza that can be combined … in any way the customer wants, … and you'd like to be able to easily add and remove toppings … from the menu over time … as you determine what your customers like. … You'll need to be able to get a description … of the pizza to hand to the chef … and a total cost of the pizza to charge the customer … for their order. … Your challenge is to design a system … for the pizza store using the Decorator pattern. … Have fun, and feel free to get a snack … while you're working on the challenge … just in case you're hungry. … …
- What are design patterns?
- Encapsulating code that varies with the Strategy pattern
- The limitations of inheritance
- Using the Adapter pattern
- Implementing the Observer pattern
- Extending behavior with composition and the Decorator pattern
- Encapsulating iteration with the Iterator pattern
- Object creation with the Factory Method pattern
- Using design principles to guide your object-oriented design
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Design Patterns
2. The Strategy Pattern
3. The Adapter Pattern
4. The Observer Pattern
Using the Observer pattern2m 23s
5. The Decorator Pattern
6. The Iterator Pattern
7. The Factory Patterns
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.