Join Peggy Fisher for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Debugging, part of Java Essential Training for Students.
- The challenge for this section is a little different.…First, you want to open the challenge file for this section.…It contains several logic errors.…Read the code carefully,…and write down your expected results.…Run the program normally, and compare the answers…from the program to what you wrote down.…Now use the debugger to separate points and find the errors.…Hint, there are at least three errors.…Make the corrections to the program and rerun,…to make sure that it works correctly.…This challenge is designed to give you an opportunity…to use the skills learned in this section.…
For a real challenge, try the command line debugger.…It should take about 5 minutes.…Okay, give it a try.…
- Getting started with parsing
- Reviewing data types
- Using decisions
- Creating user-defined methods
- Command-line debugging
- Exploring the Java API
- Creating and instantiating classes
- Working with interfaces
- Storing items with arrays
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: How can I make my debugger function like the author’s?
1. Command Level Programming
2. Basics Review
4. Java API
5. Simulations and Algorithm Analysis
6. Classes and Objects
7. More on Classes
8. Data Structures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.