In this challenge, the objectives are to create a new application with a customer user interface. The top of the layout should contain a sample menu, the left should have three buttons. When each button is clicked, a different message is displayed in the center. For an extra challenge, add an external CSS file to style your buttons
- [Voiceover] In this challenge we're going to…create a user interface.…In the user interface I want you to have…a top bar that includes a menu.…In the left side of the window…we'll add three buttons.…Whenever the user presses a button,…the message in the middle of the window changes.…For an additional challenge add…a CSS file to style your buttons.…I estimate this challenge to take about 15 minutes,…but make sure you have some fun with it.…When you're done check your solution against mine.…
- What is JavaFX?
- Creating a simple JavaFX program
- Drawing lines, shapes, and text
- Applying effects
- Adding and animating images and charts
- Customizing interfaces with CSS
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with JavaFX
2. Sample Applications
4. User Interface Components
6. Custom UIs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.