For this challenge, start with the program in the exercise files folder: styleChallenge.java Right now, this program does not have any styles added to it. The challenge is to create a CSS file and attach it to the program.
- [Voiceover] For this challenge,…you want to start with the program in the Exercise Files…folder, under 06_04 called StyleChallenge.Java.…Right now, this program does not have any styles…added to it.…Your objectives are to create a CSS file,…and attach it to the program.…The CSS file should contain the following,…a BorderPane that has color for the top border…and the left-hand side border.…You wanna style the three buttons that are across the top.…Also, center the buttons.…
For the labels on the left,…again you want to style those,…so they're not crunched up at the top,…and also give them some color,…and finally, add some style to the pie chart that…I have in the center.…I'm estimating that this challenge will probably take…you around ten minutes.…The program's all ready there,…you want to create your style sheet,…and don't forget to attach it to the main code,…and see what happens when you add color and style.…When you're done,…feel free to check back and see my solution,…as I walk you through my thought process.…
- What is JavaFX?
- Creating a simple JavaFX program
- Drawing lines, shapes, and text
- Applying effects
- Adding and animating images and charts
- Customizing interfaces with CSS
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with JavaFX
2. Sample Applications
4. User Interface Components
6. Custom UIs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.