It's time to practice making an adapter. This video provides a challenge to add another new class to the duck simulator.
(energetic music) … - [Instructor] You've just learned how you can use … the Adaptor pattern to create an adapter … that adapts turkeys to ducks. … In this challenge, you are going to create an adapter … to adapt a drone to a duck. … A drone is a small robot that can fly … and is used to take photographs and videos from above. … It makes a beeping sound, … and it can fly by spinning its rotors and taking off. … But the drone's interface is a bit different … from the duck interface. … So your challenge is to create an adapter for the drone … so we can use the drone in the duck simulator. … Here's the drone class. … Can you create an adaptor class that allows it … to run in the simulator? … …
- What are design patterns?
- Encapsulating code that varies with the Strategy pattern
- The limitations of inheritance
- Using the Adapter pattern
- Implementing the Observer pattern
- Extending behavior with composition and the Decorator pattern
- Encapsulating iteration with the Iterator pattern
- Object creation with the Factory Method pattern
- Using design principles to guide your object-oriented design
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Design Patterns
2. The Strategy Pattern
3. The Adapter Pattern
4. The Observer Pattern
Using the Observer pattern2m 23s
5. The Decorator Pattern
6. The Iterator Pattern
7. The Factory Patterns
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.