- Are you ready for our next Challenge?…For this Challenge, I want you to open the file…in the exercise folders under Chapter 04…lesson 04/Challenge.java.…The program is currently set up…to create a formatting object for the date.…It uses this to format the current date…and Print the results, then Format the date…using the France time zone.…If you go ahead and try and run this program…you'll see it's not working quite correctly.…That's because we need to find the Java api package…for using the date and time methods.…
Once you identify the problems,…correct them and rerun.…I estimate this will take about five minutes…to look up the Java api, and review the classes…to find the missing packages.…Once you find the package name,…add them to the top and run the program again…to make sure it's working correctly.…
- Getting started with parsing
- Reviewing data types
- Using decisions
- Creating user-defined methods
- Command-line debugging
- Exploring the Java API
- Creating and instantiating classes
- Working with interfaces
- Storing items with arrays
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: How can I make my debugger function like the author’s?
1. Command Level Programming
2. Basics Review
4. Java API
5. Simulations and Algorithm Analysis
6. Classes and Objects
7. More on Classes
8. Data Structures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.