Using Javafx lets you apply special effects to shapes and lines, but it also can be used to add some interesting look and feel to text. The javafx.scene.effect API has many new ways to add special graphical effects to text on the scene graph. The list is quite long, but here are a few that you have probably seen before:Perspective Transform, DropShadow, Reflection, Gaussianblur, lighting
- [Voiceover] Using JavaFX not only lets us…apply special effects to shapes and lines,…but it can also be used to add some interesting…look and feel to text.…The JavaFX scene effect API has many new ways to add…special graphical effects to text in the scene graph.…The list is quite long but here…are a few you have probably seen.…The perspective-transform, the drop-shadow,…the reflection, the gaussian-blur and even…special lighting just to name a few.…
Let's look at an example that uses three of these.…The perspective-transform, the drop-shadow…and the reflection.…Let's switch over to NetBeans.…We'll start by creating a new project, file,…new project, JavaFX application, and let's give it a name.…Let's call it text effects.…And click finish.…We'll start by adding three lines of text…to the window, then we'll apply some effects.…Let me scroll down, I wanna get rid of…the template code, so I'm gonna start on line 24,…and I'm gonna delete all the lines,…all the way down to 35.…
Because I wanna add text, and I want the text to be…
- What is JavaFX?
- Creating a simple JavaFX program
- Drawing lines, shapes, and text
- Applying effects
- Adding and animating images and charts
- Customizing interfaces with CSS
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with JavaFX
2. Sample Applications
4. User Interface Components
6. Custom UIs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.