- In this section, we're going to…talk about algorithm analysis.…Algorithm analysis is concern with comparing…algorithms based upon the amount…of computing resources that each algorithm uses.…We want to be able to consider two algorithms…and say that one is better than the other…because it is more efficient in its use of those resources,…or perhaps because it simply uses fewer resources.…When dealing with algorithm analysis,…It is important to first think about…what is meant by computing resources.…
For example, we can consider the amount of space,…or memory, an algorithm requires to solve the problem.…Or, as an alternative to space requirements,…we can analyze and compare algorithms based on…the amount of time they require to execute.…This measure is sometimes referred to as…the execution time, or the running time, of the algorithm.…One way we can measure the execution time…of a program is to do a benchmark analysis.…This means that we will track the actual time required…for the program to compute its result.…
- Getting started with parsing
- Reviewing data types
- Using decisions
- Creating user-defined methods
- Command-line debugging
- Exploring the Java API
- Creating and instantiating classes
- Working with interfaces
- Storing items with arrays
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: How can I make my debugger function like the author’s?
1. Command Level Programming
2. Basics Review
4. Java API
5. Simulations and Algorithm Analysis
6. Classes and Objects
7. More on Classes
8. Data Structures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.