The form requires the title Welcome and text and password fields for gathering information from the user. Reynald shows code to add after setting the grid padding property.
- [Instructor] We're now ready…to add some text labels and text fields.…And I will paste in the code that's needed…right under line 44,…and we're going to walk through it, starting on 46.…For this line, 46, we create a text object…that cannot be edited,…and it sets the text to Let's Do This!.…In addition to assigning it to a variable named scenetitle.…
Now the next line, 47, uses the setFont method…to set the font family, weight, and size…of the scenetitle variable.…Using an inline style is appropriate…where the style is bound to a variable,…but a better technique for styling the elements…of your user interface is by using a style sheet.…So in this case we're not doing that,…but in a real project that's what you would be doing.…
Now, on line 48, the grid.add method adds…the scenetitle variable to the layout grid.…The numbering for columns and rows in the grid…starts at zero and scenetitle is added…in column zero and row zero.…The last two arguments of the grid.add method…set the columns' span to two and the row span to one.…
- What is NetBeans?
- Creating templates
- Importing and exporting projects
- Debugging code
- Creating a project
- Creating a GridPane layout
- Creating the UI
- Deploying and executing an app
- Organizing the environment
Skill Level Beginner
1. Intro to NetBeans
2. Templates, Projects, and Debugging
3. Managing Services
4. Desktop Development: JavaFX
5. Web Development - PrimeFaces
6. Working with Clean Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.