Images are always a great way to convey a message or enhance your application. Images are graphical elements such as photos, icons, shapes, etc.Images can have text attached as a label for the image which can be formatted with special fonts, color and style. We can also control the layout and size of the image and text. The image and imageview classes are used together. The image class loads an image from either the inputstream, a url, or a path to the image file.
- [Voiceover] Images are always a great way…to convey a message…or enhance the look and feel of your application.…Images are graphical elements,…such as photos, icons, shapes, et cetera.…Images can have text attached as a label.…This text can be formatted with…special fonts, color and style.…We can also control the layout and size…of the image and text.…The image and ImageView classes work together.…Since the Image class does not derive from the…note class, we cannot add it directly…to the scene grab.…
Instead, we must use an ImageView object.…The Image class loads an image from either…the input stream, URL,…or you can specify a path to the image file.…When an image is added,…we can scale the image…using the width and height parameters.…Along with those, we need to specify…a boo-lee invariable for whether or not…the image should maintain it's aspect ratio…and whether or not we want it to use high quality.…Let's switch over to NetBeans and add an image.…
I'm going to create a new project.…File, new project.…And I'll just call it add image.…
- What is JavaFX?
- Creating a simple JavaFX program
- Drawing lines, shapes, and text
- Applying effects
- Adding and animating images and charts
- Customizing interfaces with CSS
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with JavaFX
2. Sample Applications
4. User Interface Components
6. Custom UIs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.