Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video adaptFromJson, part of Java EE 8: JSON-B.
- [Instructor] So now lets take a look at…the other method that we wanted to implement,…which is adaptFromJson.…We've already provided the logic for…trying to serialize and now we'll try to de-serialize.…We need to write a logic for that, too.…Let's first get rid of the default implementation.…What we are going to do is…we're going to first create a customer object.…Once that's done, then we will get hold of…the customer object and say setCustomerId.…
How are we going to get this customer ID?…We have to take this adapted object parameter.…So that's adptd.getInt…because customer ID in our case is an integer field.…So we just have to make sure that we parse…the key that we had given for serialization.…That, we'll get from here, which is customerId.…Let's copy from line 26 and paste it on line 38.…Then what we have to also do is…we have to check whether the incoming Prime user,…the isPrimeUser field, is a regular user…or it is a Prime user.…
If it is a regular user, then we'll have to set…the isPrimeUser boolean variable to false.…
- JSON and JSON-B API basics
- Default mapping
- Defining beans and data
- Customized mapping
- Customizing the order of serialized properties
- Customizing constructors
- Working with binary data
- Custom serializers and deserializers
- Demo: Using JSON-B in a web application
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
Map Java objects to JSON1m 14s
1. Overview and Setup
2. JSON Binding API: Default Mapping
3. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 1
4. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 2
5. Adapters and Serializers
6. JSON-B in a Web Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.