Join Alex Theedom for an in-depth discussion in this video Write JSON data, part of JSON Processing with Java EE.
- [Instructor] Okay, so we're going to generate…a string of JSON data, just as we did with the object model.…And by using the same JSON data.…If you want to follow along with this example,…open up the streaming example three class file…from the exercise folder.…As before, we're going to use a string writer.…This makes it easy to test, but you can use any…writer or output stream instance,…depending on the requirements.…Now, because there is a lot of JSON data to write,…I'm going to copy and paste a code from a file…in the exercise files associated with this lesson.…
I'm going to copy the entire write JSON stream…to string method.…So firstly, we start the construction of the JSON object…by calling the write start object on the generator instance.…Then, we call the write method for as many times…as there are elements in the object.…If an element is an array, we call the…write start array method.…And we continue calling write for each element…in the array until the end.…When we called write end, in order to signal…
In this course, discover how to use the Java Enterprise Edition (EE) JSON-Processing API. With its two programming models, JSON-Processing is one of the simplest ways to generate, query, and parse JSON data, and you'll find that implementing it in your projects is quick and easy. Join Alex Theedom as he covers an array of topics, including how to use both the object model and the streaming model, how to traverse a JSON structure, and how to parse JSON data using the extensive builder APIs. When you wrap up this course, you'll be ready to develop with this essential and powerful API.
- Working with JSON and Java
- JSON-Processing API features
- The Java EE JSON object model
- Creating a model from a JSON string
- Building a JSON model
- Traversing the JSON model
- Outputting the JSON model to a data stream
- Parsing and writing JSON data
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Platforms Compared: SE vs EE vs MEwith Peggy Fisher25m 38s Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
1. JSON and Java
Work with JSON and Java3m 57s
2. JSON-Processing API Features
3. The Java EE JSON Object Model
4. The Java EE JSON Streaming Model
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.