In this video, learn the basic pros and cons of deploying an application to WebLogic.
- [Instructor] We've covered a lot of information, … and unfortunately there was no way … to get to all of the features and capabilities in WebLogic. … Let's consider some pros and cons at a high level … for a moment. … What are the primary advantages of using WebLogic? … As we've mentioned previously, WebLogic is fully compatible … with the Java Standard Edition six and seven. … It is a certified application container … for Java Standard Edition eight. … If you remember in our conversations about Tomcat, … Apache Tomcat is not a certified Java EE server, … so that means that we have to add … a lot of extra dependencies to get Java EE apps to run, … like what we've done here in WebLogic, it wasn't necessary. … WebLogic has expansive capabilities … for creating and managing servers and deploying de clusters. … By the way, there was a good deal I didn't cover here, … so take the time if you can and dig a little deeper. … WebLogic provides out of the box full set … of JDBC drivers that are both XA and non XA compliant …
AuthorMichael D. Rodgers, Jr
- Installing Tomcat
- Adding database drivers in Tomcat
- Tomcat clustering
- Installing WebLogic
- Deploying WAR files in WebLogic
- WebLogic clustering
- Installing WildFly
- Standalone vs. domain-mode clustering in WildFly
- Installing Payara
- Remote instance clustering in Payara
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Install the database4m 48s
1. Tomcat and TomEE
2. Oracle WebLogic
3. WildFly and JBoss
4. GlassFish and Payara
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.