Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video Visibility settings: Fields with getters and setters, part of Java EE 8: JSON-B.
- [Instructor] Okay we have looked…at gender default settings that JSON binding employs…while converting Java to JSON and back to Java.…Now we look at the certain default settings…which are going to be applicable for…the visibility of your properties.…So when I say properties I mean your fields,…or your instance variables that you…have under your Java beans.…Okay, there are certain rules that we have listed out here,…we'll go through them one by one,…and we'll see how JSON binding behaves in each case.…So the first is, let's say you have a private field…with public getter/setters.…
So let's go to user bean and check out.…This is exactly what we did, we had all of feeds private…and all the getter/setters lines 33 down there to 63.…All of the getter/setters that we defined were public.…Yes and this is the basic encapsulation principle of…Java object-oriented programming that…all fields should be private…and the getter/setters should be public,…and that's what we did.…And when that happens, yes, the JSON binding API…
- JSON and JSON-B API basics
- Default mapping
- Defining beans and data
- Customized mapping
- Customizing the order of serialized properties
- Customizing constructors
- Working with binary data
- Custom serializers and deserializers
- Demo: Using JSON-B in a web application
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
Map Java objects to JSON1m 14s
1. Overview and Setup
2. JSON Binding API: Default Mapping
3. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 1
4. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 2
5. Adapters and Serializers
6. JSON-B in a Web Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.