Kesha Williams explains annotations used to simplify the development of RESTful web services.
- [Woman] Let's look at the JAX-RS Annotations…and how they are used in the development…of restful web services.…Developers decorate Java class files…with JAX-RS annotations to define resources…and the actions that can be performed on those resources.…Route resource classes are plain old Java objects,…POJOS, that are either annotated with at path…or have at least one method annotated with at path…or a request method designator…such as at get, at put, at post, or at delete.…
Resource methods are methods of a resource class…annotated with a request method designator.…In this case post, put, and get.…Let's look at the JAX-RS annotations.…At path, this annotation defines a RESTful…web service resource.…At path param, this annotation extracts parameters…from the request URI for use in the resource.…At query param, this annotation extracts request URI…query parameters for use in the resource.…
At consumes, this annotation specifies the MIME media…types a resource can consume.…At produces, this annotation specifies…the MIME media types that a resource produces.…
- Comparing when to use JAX-WS vs. JAX-RS
- Using JAX-RS annotations
- Accessing REST resources with JAX-RS
- Creating JAX-WS endpoints
- Writing RESTful services using JAX-RS
- Reading, writing, updating, and deleting data via endpoints
- Mapping to entities
- Error handling
- Testing web services
- Securing Java EE web services
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding Web Services
2. Building RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS
3. Accessing REST Resources with the JAX-RS Client API
4. Building SOAP Web Services with JAX-WS
5. Searching, Error Handling, and Testing in Web Services
6. Documentation, Logging, and Tracing
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.