Kesha Williams explains how to write PUT requests and deploy the service.
- [Instructor] PUT resource methods are annotated…with the @PUT request method designator…to identify the particular method…that should process HTTP PUT requests.…The communication should be stateless.…PUT is a bit different from POST in that…if the resource already exists,…PUT replaces the resource entirely.…A PUT request like this will be mapped…to the method below.…I've opened the project in IntelliJ…and navigated to the ApplicationResource.java file.…
So let's start down on line 58.…This is the code for the updateApplication method.…Notice this application is invoked on a PUT request.…On line 60, I'm getting a connection to the database…and creating a statement.…On line 61, I'm calling the executeUpdate method…on that statement…and passing in an update SQL statement.…So essentially, this is going…to update an existing application…with a new data passed in.…On line 65 through 68,…I'm catching an exception and returning a 403 status.…
If everything works as expected down on line 70,…I am returning a 200 status code.…
- Comparing when to use JAX-WS vs. JAX-RS
- Using JAX-RS annotations
- Accessing REST resources with JAX-RS
- Creating JAX-WS endpoints
- Writing RESTful services using JAX-RS
- Reading, writing, updating, and deleting data via endpoints
- Mapping to entities
- Error handling
- Testing web services
- Securing Java EE web services
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Contexts and Dependency Injectionwith Alex Theedom1h 43m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
1. Understanding Web Services
2. Building RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS
3. Accessing REST Resources with the JAX-RS Client API
4. Building SOAP Web Services with JAX-WS
5. Searching, Error Handling, and Testing in Web Services
6. Documentation, Logging, and Tracing
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.