Kesha Williams explains how to write GET requests and deploy the service.
- [Instructor] GET Resource methods are annotated…with the @GET Request Method designator,…along with the @Path annotation.…To identify the particular method that should process…http GET requests.…The communication between the calling program,…the client, and the service should be stateless.…Whatever information that's needed…should be passed with each request.…A GET Request often times retrieves an entity…from the database, as is in our case study.…A GET Request like this will be mapped…to the method below.…
A GET Request like this will be mapped to the method below.…And a GET Request that looks like this…will be mapped to this method below.…Let's see this code in action.…I've opened the project in IntelliJ,…and I've navigated to the ApplicationResource.Java file.…MySQL is up and running, and the application's…been deployed to the server.…So, let's look at our code.…Notice, down on line 24, there is the GetAll method.…
And so, this method simply returns…all of the applications in the database.…On line 25, I've created an Array List.…
- Comparing when to use JAX-WS vs. JAX-RS
- Using JAX-RS annotations
- Accessing REST resources with JAX-RS
- Creating JAX-WS endpoints
- Writing RESTful services using JAX-RS
- Reading, writing, updating, and deleting data via endpoints
- Mapping to entities
- Error handling
- Testing web services
- Securing Java EE web services
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding Web Services
2. Building RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS
3. Accessing REST Resources with the JAX-RS Client API
4. Building SOAP Web Services with JAX-WS
5. Searching, Error Handling, and Testing in Web Services
6. Documentation, Logging, and Tracing
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.