Kesha Williams explains how to write DELETE requests and deploy the service.
- [Instructor] Delete resource methods…are annotated with the at delete request method designator…along with the at path annotation…to identify the particular method that should process…http delete requests.…The communication between the client and the server…should be stateless.…Delete removes an existing resource.…A delete request like this will be mapped…to the method below.…I've opened the project in IntelliJ,…navigated to the application resource dot java file,…MySQL is up and running, and the app's been deployed…to the server.…
So let's scroll down to line 117, which starts the code…for the delete application method.…So here we have delete application,…it will be invoked on a delete request.…The parameter being passed in is the ID…of the application to delete.…So let's scroll down, look at line 19,…I'm getting a database connection and creating a statement.…On line 120, I'm calling execute update,…passing in a delete statement.…So essentially this deletes an application…from the database with a passed in ID.…
- Comparing when to use JAX-WS vs. JAX-RS
- Using JAX-RS annotations
- Accessing REST resources with JAX-RS
- Creating JAX-WS endpoints
- Writing RESTful services using JAX-RS
- Reading, writing, updating, and deleting data via endpoints
- Mapping to entities
- Error handling
- Testing web services
- Securing Java EE web services
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Contexts and Dependency Injectionwith Alex Theedom1h 43m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
1. Understanding Web Services
2. Building RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS
3. Accessing REST Resources with the JAX-RS Client API
4. Building SOAP Web Services with JAX-WS
5. Searching, Error Handling, and Testing in Web Services
6. Documentation, Logging, and Tracing
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.