Kesha Williams explains how to update data via a web service and test the web service via a web service client.
- [Instructor] Let's look at updating data…using a SOAP-based web service.…I've opened the project in IntelliJ…and navigated to the interface file…for the application service.…So notice here on line 24,…the definition of our update application method.…So let's look at the implementation.…So navigate to application service…and scroll down to line 85 to see the implementation.…So notice here on line 87,…I'm getting a connection and creating a statement.…
On line 88, I'm calling the execute update method…and I'm passing in an update SQL statement.…So essentially, we're updating an application…based on its ID.…On line 92, I'm catching a generic exception…and we'll return false.…Now down on line 97, if the update is successful,…I return true.…So let's test this code out by going to…the application client.java file.…And scroll down and look here on line 32,…I'm creating an updated application.…
So application ID 5001,…I'm changing the name to corporate events…and I'm changing the description…to updated app for corporate events.…
- Comparing when to use JAX-WS vs. JAX-RS
- Using JAX-RS annotations
- Accessing REST resources with JAX-RS
- Creating JAX-WS endpoints
- Writing RESTful services using JAX-RS
- Reading, writing, updating, and deleting data via endpoints
- Mapping to entities
- Error handling
- Testing web services
- Securing Java EE web services
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding Web Services
2. Building RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS
3. Accessing REST Resources with the JAX-RS Client API
4. Building SOAP Web Services with JAX-WS
5. Searching, Error Handling, and Testing in Web Services
6. Documentation, Logging, and Tracing
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.