Kesha Williams explains SOAP Services, XML, and JAX-WS.
- [Instructor] SOAP stands for Simple Object Access Protocol…and is a messaging protocol that uses XML…to allow applications running on different systems…and platforms to communicate.…SOAP messages are complex.…The data being shared is placed…in what's called an envelope.…The envelope has a specific structure.…Rules for encoding, invocations, and responses…are often transmitted over HTTP.…Java API for XML web services,…shortened as JAX-WS, is a framework…that simplifies using SOAP…by hiding the complexities of SOAP…and provides a simple API for developing…and deploying web services.…
JAX-WS is a part of standard Java.…How does JAX-WS work?…A service class is exposed as a web service endpoint.…Step one, the JAX-WS runtime will publish…the web service and its functionality using a WSDL,…which stands for Web Services Description Language…and is used for describing the functionality…offered by a web service.…Step two, a proxy to the service is generated,…which allows a calling client to invoke the service.…
Step three, API calls are converted to SOAP messages…
- Comparing when to use JAX-WS vs. JAX-RS
- Using JAX-RS annotations
- Accessing REST resources with JAX-RS
- Creating JAX-WS endpoints
- Writing RESTful services using JAX-RS
- Reading, writing, updating, and deleting data via endpoints
- Mapping to entities
- Error handling
- Testing web services
- Securing Java EE web services
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Contexts and Dependency Injectionwith Alex Theedom1h 43m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
1. Understanding Web Services
2. Building RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS
3. Accessing REST Resources with the JAX-RS Client API
4. Building SOAP Web Services with JAX-WS
5. Searching, Error Handling, and Testing in Web Services
6. Documentation, Logging, and Tracing
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.