Kesha Williams explains how to access REST resources using the JAX-RS Client API.
- [Instructor] Found in the javax.ws.rs.clientpackage.…The JAX-RS Client API is an API used…to access any REST resource.…The API is broad in that it doesn't limit you…to just accessing REST resources created using JAX-RS.…There are several steps in order to call an API…using the JAX-RS Client API.…The first step is to set the web resource target.…The second step is to append the path to the URI.…
The third step is to resolve the path.…The fourth step is to start building the request…to the targeted web resource.…And the last, and final step,…is to execute the call returning an application.…Let's discuss each step in more detail.…Before we do, here's a tip.…The client API uses the fluent builder pattern…which allows method invocations to be chained together…to configure and submit a request.…The use of this pattern greatly reduces the lines…of code needed.…
Which makes the code more concise,…easier to read and maintain.…The first step and the most important step is…to obtain a client object.…In this step, we are obtaining a client instance.…
- Comparing when to use JAX-WS vs. JAX-RS
- Using JAX-RS annotations
- Accessing REST resources with JAX-RS
- Creating JAX-WS endpoints
- Writing RESTful services using JAX-RS
- Reading, writing, updating, and deleting data via endpoints
- Mapping to entities
- Error handling
- Testing web services
- Securing Java EE web services
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding Web Services
2. Building RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS
3. Accessing REST Resources with the JAX-RS Client API
4. Building SOAP Web Services with JAX-WS
5. Searching, Error Handling, and Testing in Web Services
6. Documentation, Logging, and Tracing
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.