In this video, learn how to navigate to the tomcat_user.xml file, create appropriate user and groups, and then start Tomcat and test access to ManagerApp and HostApp.
- Now, let's start Tomcat again … and go to the browser URL … and try to access some of these pre-installed apps. … When you click on the manager app, … it prompts us with basic auth dialogue … asking for our credentials. … If we click cancel and go back, … we're presented with a 401 Unauthorized screen, … but notice what the message on the screen tells us as well. … It tells us how to set the privileges to these resources … in the conf Tomcat users xml. … The screen alerts us that Tomcat 7 onward … that you have to have a manager gui, … a manager-script, manager-jmx, and manager-status … that access these different pieces of functionality. … And these have to exist on a user with these roles. … So, let's configure that. … We'll switch over to our terminal window … and we'll navigate to the conf directory … and inside the conf directory you should see … a Tomcat dash users xml. … I've been using vi that it follows … and if you haven't learned vi now, this is a good time. … Inside this directory, type vi …
AuthorMichael D. Rodgers, Jr
- Installing Tomcat
- Adding database drivers in Tomcat
- Tomcat clustering
- Installing WebLogic
- Deploying WAR files in WebLogic
- WebLogic clustering
- Installing WildFly
- Standalone vs. domain-mode clustering in WildFly
- Installing Payara
- Remote instance clustering in Payara
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Install the database4m 48s
1. Tomcat and TomEE
2. Oracle WebLogic
3. WildFly and JBoss
4. GlassFish and Payara
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.