In this video, learn how to create a Tomcat cluster and gain an understanding of the basic reasons for it.
- [Instructor] Web application server clustering … offers some nice benefits in sharing user session … when combined with load balancing, … thus providing scalability and high availability … of the application to its users. … Although it's pretty common to talk about load balancing … using Apache HTTP Server, … or some other load balancing appliance like BIG-IP, … for this video we're going to stay focused … on how to cluster two Tomcat servers, … and not necessarily on load balancing. … First, let's create a directory in our terminal window, … we'll call this … our tomcat9_cluster, … we'll cd into the tomcat_9 cluster, … and then we're going to copy … our apache Tomcat 9 directory into our cluster … directory, … and we'll call it, node_a. … Then we're going to copy, … again using the -Rf … node_a, … and we'll call this one node_b, … if we do a ls -la on … node_b, … you'll notice that all of the Tomcat configuration … directories are available. … With this done, … we ar going to modify the port …
AuthorMichael D. Rodgers, Jr
- Installing Tomcat
- Adding database drivers in Tomcat
- Tomcat clustering
- Installing WebLogic
- Deploying WAR files in WebLogic
- WebLogic clustering
- Installing WildFly
- Standalone vs. domain-mode clustering in WildFly
- Installing Payara
- Remote instance clustering in Payara
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Install the database4m 48s
1. Tomcat and TomEE
2. Oracle WebLogic
3. WildFly and JBoss
4. GlassFish and Payara
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.