Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video Test all RESTful methods, part of Java EE 8: JSON-B.
- [Woman] The web application has been…deployed successfully after you make all the changes.…So now let's go to the Postman tool…and test out these methods.…We'll test out the get order method first.…So what we have to do is go to Postman.…And let's go back to that original view…so that we can see the URL, yes.…So that's the URL for the RESTful bin.…So after that we have defined another part…to access this method, to access the find order methods…and we will take that part, copy,…go right there, and paste it.…
And of course there's a query param…that this method is expecting.…So we have to feed that parameter.…So let's click on the params button there.…And say the key is ID and the order, let's say, is 200.…So send, and there you go, you get the respective order now.…Let me change the view.…Right, so this terminal getting a collection of orders,…you're just getting a single order, which is order ID 200.…Okay, so you can retrieve an individual order…instead of trying to retrieve all orders.…
That's also possible.…
- JSON and JSON-B API basics
- Default mapping
- Defining beans and data
- Customized mapping
- Customizing the order of serialized properties
- Customizing constructors
- Working with binary data
- Custom serializers and deserializers
- Demo: Using JSON-B in a web application
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
Map Java objects to JSON1m 14s
1. Overview and Setup
2. JSON Binding API: Default Mapping
3. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 1
4. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 2
5. Adapters and Serializers
6. JSON-B in a Web Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.