In this video, learn how to use newly prepared JDBC drivers and classpath configurations to create a MySQL datasource.
- [Narrator] From our last video, we had entered … a classpath variable using a relative classpath. … And according to web logic, … relative classpaths will cause problems. … And indeed they do. … So what I want to show you real quick, … is how to fix this and how I fixed it. … You go into vi, … Oracle, user_projects/domains, … go to the bin directory, … the setDomain. … Hit enter, go down to mysql. … And what I want to show you is, … is what I've already fixed for you. … You need to use a absolute classpath … instead of a relative classpath. … Previously this was a relative classpath, … and you would've seen that in terms of a tilde symbol. … If you haven't made that change, … please make that change now in your set domain. … We'll exit out of this, we'll come back up, … and we'll start up WebLogic, create our data source. … We'll log in, … go down to data sources, click lock and edit, … click new, generic data source, … type in the name, … leave it as Global. … (clicking) … Change your database driver, click next, next, …
AuthorMichael D. Rodgers, Jr
- Installing Tomcat
- Adding database drivers in Tomcat
- Tomcat clustering
- Installing WebLogic
- Deploying WAR files in WebLogic
- WebLogic clustering
- Installing WildFly
- Standalone vs. domain-mode clustering in WildFly
- Installing Payara
- Remote instance clustering in Payara
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Install the database4m 48s
1. Tomcat and TomEE
2. Oracle WebLogic
3. WildFly and JBoss
4. GlassFish and Payara
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.