- [Instructor] So how do you get on?…Well here's my solution.…Let's start with the application configuration class.…Now, firstly you must implement the interface…server application config.…And in the method, get endpoint configs…I have created two lists,…one for the encoder class and one for the decoder class,…which I then add to the construction of the endpoint.…Now this is where I create the endpoint…and associate the class that handles…the WebSocket lifecycle and the URI.…So now let's take a look at the chat server endpoint class.…The first thing you need to do…is to extend the endpoint class…and then implement the only abstract method on open.…
Let's go down and have a look at the method on open.…In the on open method is where the magic happens.…First I add the message handler to the session object.…For simplicity, I have only added logic…that prints the message out to a log file.…Then I obtain the ring directly from the session…by calling the get path parameter method.…And then I added to the user defined…
Join Alex Theedom as he guides you through the lifecycle of a WebSocket connection, and discusses the Java EE WebSocket programming methodologies: annotation and programmatic. He shows how to secure and encrypt WebSocket endpoints and use simple techniques to test their implementation. In addition, he explains how to integrate the JSON-processing API and build a front-end and server based WebSocket client.
- WebSocket usage
- WebSocket lifecycle and topology
- WebSocket front end and back end
- WebSocket methodologies
- Annotation methodology and programmatic methodology
- Coding a client API
- Using the JSON Processing API
- Coding the encoder and decoder
- Building the front end
- Testing WebSocket endpoints
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Platforms Compared: SE vs EE vs MEwith Peggy Fisher25m 38s Intermediate
1. Introduction to WebSocket
2. WebSockets Front End and Back End
3. Project Application and Structure
4. Java EE WebSocket API
5. Messages and Encoding
6. Build Web Front End
7. WebSocket Security
8. Testing WebSocket Endpoints
Next steps1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.