Kesha Williams explains searching via query parameters and top-level searches.
- [Instructor] If you've been doing web development…for a while, you are familiar with passing values…to web services using query string parameters.…A query string is the portion of a URL…where data is passed to a web service,…and is often used for searching,…and each value is separated by an ampersand.…While query strings are common and convenient,…there are some challenges, since there's no way…to represent constraints like less than or greater than,…et cetera, or values in a list,…and as the complexity of the query grows,…the harder searching becomes.…
A solution to the shortcomings with searching…via query string parameters is to make searching top-level…by using a special search object.…Let's see searching in action.…Let's say there is a desire to find tickets…that have been opened for more than seven days,…so I've opened the project in IntelliJ,…and I've navigated to the Ticket.java file.…Now, a ticket simply represents a defect…or enhancement request.…Now let's take a look at the top level search object…
- Comparing when to use JAX-WS vs. JAX-RS
- Using JAX-RS annotations
- Accessing REST resources with JAX-RS
- Creating JAX-WS endpoints
- Writing RESTful services using JAX-RS
- Reading, writing, updating, and deleting data via endpoints
- Mapping to entities
- Error handling
- Testing web services
- Securing Java EE web services
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Contexts and Dependency Injectionwith Alex Theedom1h 43m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
1. Understanding Web Services
2. Building RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS
3. Accessing REST Resources with the JAX-RS Client API
4. Building SOAP Web Services with JAX-WS
5. Searching, Error Handling, and Testing in Web Services
6. Documentation, Logging, and Tracing
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.