Kesha Williams explains how to write retrieve data via web service and test the web service via a web service client.
- Let's see retrieving data…using a Soap-based web service in action.…I've opened the project in IntelliJ…and I've navigated to the interface file…for the application service.…So notice here on line 15 we have…our getAll method, and now let's look…at its implementation.…So click on ApplicationService.java,…and let's scroll down to line 45.…So here we have our getAll method.…On line 46 I'm creating an empty ArrayList.…The next few statements are enclosed in…a try-catch block to handle exceptions.…
And now on line 49, I'm getting a Database connection…and creating a statement, and on line 50,…I'm executing a simple query,…select * from tza_application,…to retrieve all the applications.…Now on lines 52 through 55,…I'm looping through the results,…creating new applications and then storing those…in the ArrayList.…And then down on line 60 I'm returning…the list of applications.…So let's test this code out by going…to ApplicationClient.java.…
So this is the application client file…we've used before.…Notice on line 25, I'm calling the getAll method…
- Comparing when to use JAX-WS vs. JAX-RS
- Using JAX-RS annotations
- Accessing REST resources with JAX-RS
- Creating JAX-WS endpoints
- Writing RESTful services using JAX-RS
- Reading, writing, updating, and deleting data via endpoints
- Mapping to entities
- Error handling
- Testing web services
- Securing Java EE web services
Skill Level Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
1. Understanding Web Services
2. Building RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS
3. Accessing REST Resources with the JAX-RS Client API
4. Building SOAP Web Services with JAX-WS
5. Searching, Error Handling, and Testing in Web Services
6. Documentation, Logging, and Tracing
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.