Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video PropertyNamingStrategy, part of Java EE 8: JSON-B.
- [Instructor] Let's also look at the option…where you can change the property-naming strategy.…The earlier video showed us how to change the name…of the property itself,…but you can also change the naming strategy…for all the properties.…Let's see how to do that.…Now that is achieved with the help of JsonbConfig object,…which means it is a runtime customization.…The earlier one was,…of course, the compiled time customization.…So let's go back to the IDE,…and let's go to ObjectMapper now…because we need to do something on the JsonbConfig object.…So here I'm going to say property naming strategy.…
And I'm going to get hold of that config object…and call withPropertyNamingStrategy.…That's the method we're looking for.…And to specify a string, the string can come out…of that same API, which is naming strategy, yeah.…And you have six options.…You can either have your names which are case sensitive,…or you can have your names…which is pointing to the option of identity.…Now this is the default option that Json binding employees.…
- JSON and JSON-B API basics
- Default mapping
- Defining beans and data
- Customized mapping
- Customizing the order of serialized properties
- Customizing constructors
- Working with binary data
- Custom serializers and deserializers
- Demo: Using JSON-B in a web application
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
Map Java objects to JSON1m 14s
1. Overview and Setup
2. JSON Binding API: Default Mapping
3. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 1
4. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 2
5. Adapters and Serializers
6. JSON-B in a Web Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.