In this video, learn how to set up a Vagrant VirtualBox Linux instance and make initial configurations.
- [Instructor] We just set up a cluster of Payara Servers … but there are a few issues in setting up a cluster … across two or more physical machines. … In this video we'll be using the SSH capabilities built in … to Payara which is problematic for Windows users. … However, Payara also has a different communication facility … for Windows machines using DCOM. … We will only be focusing on SSH for this in the next video. … If you're interested in using DCOM, … please use the link found here. … For Mac users we want to have Homebrew installed. … Brew's a package manager that makes it easier … in going foward with our install, Vagrant. … Please run the following commands, … brew cask install … virtualbox. … Then type, brew cask … install vagrant. … And finally, type, brew cask … install vagrant-manager. … Vagrant is, as their website points out, … a tool for building and managing virtual machine … environments in a single workflow. … Now, we'll be using Vagrant in this setup … to run a VirtualBox VM of Linux …
AuthorMichael D. Rodgers, Jr
- Installing Tomcat
- Adding database drivers in Tomcat
- Tomcat clustering
- Installing WebLogic
- Deploying WAR files in WebLogic
- WebLogic clustering
- Installing WildFly
- Standalone vs. domain-mode clustering in WildFly
- Installing Payara
- Remote instance clustering in Payara
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Install the database4m 48s
1. Tomcat and TomEE
2. Oracle WebLogic
3. WildFly and JBoss
4. GlassFish and Payara
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.