In this video, learn how to address compatibility issues with MySQL drivers and prepare the WebLogic server, configuring the classpath to address driver compatibility issues.
- [Instructor] WebLogic currently has a version 5 driver, … and we're using a MySQL version 8 driver. … How do we solve this? … There's a couple ways we're going to do this, … and this would really work with any driver … that's not compatible with WebLogic. … The first thing we're going to do … is going to switch back to our terminal, … I'm going to stop the WebLogic instance, … then we're going to CD to the Oracle Middleware, … Oracle Common, modules, driver. … And the modules common directory … contains all the various libraries and drivers … that are needed by WebLogic, including MySQL version 5. … We're going to do two things. … First, I've already downloaded and unzipped … the latest MySQL version 8 driver, … and we can see that the version 5 driver … is here in the modules directory by typing "grep MySQL". … What we're going to do is copy the latest version, … going to paste it here, we'll do a grep again, … now we can see both. … The second thing we're going to do … is rename the directory for the version 5 driver, …
AuthorMichael D. Rodgers, Jr
- Installing Tomcat
- Adding database drivers in Tomcat
- Tomcat clustering
- Installing WebLogic
- Deploying WAR files in WebLogic
- WebLogic clustering
- Installing WildFly
- Standalone vs. domain-mode clustering in WildFly
- Installing Payara
- Remote instance clustering in Payara
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Install the database4m 48s
1. Tomcat and TomEE
2. Oracle WebLogic
3. WildFly and JBoss
4. GlassFish and Payara
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.