In this video, learn the history behind GlassFish and Payara, specifically Payara's direct dependent relationship to GlassFish.
- [Instructor] H+ Sport IT department has moved forward … with quite a few changes, adopting the use … of Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss WildFly, … and now there's intent interest on GlassFish, … and especially using Payara's licensed support version. … So, what is the deal with Payara … and its antecedent, GlassFish? … Well, there's a long history building up to Payara … through GlassFish from many earlier servery names. … Let's step back in time for a moment … and quickly walk through this. … Back in 1996, Kiva Software released … the Kiva Enterprise Server, which was the very first … Java application server. … Interestingly, Java.10 was released that same year, … and Kiva Enterprise Server predates Tomcat, … which was first released in 1998. … Kiva customers included Bank of America, … E-Trade, Travelocity, Internet Shopping Network, … Hong Kong Telecom and a few others, … but their success came with a price. … In 1997, Netscape acquired Kiva … and renamed the app server the Netscape Application Server, …
AuthorMichael D. Rodgers, Jr
- Installing Tomcat
- Adding database drivers in Tomcat
- Tomcat clustering
- Installing WebLogic
- Deploying WAR files in WebLogic
- WebLogic clustering
- Installing WildFly
- Standalone vs. domain-mode clustering in WildFly
- Installing Payara
- Remote instance clustering in Payara
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Install the database4m 48s
1. Tomcat and TomEE
2. Oracle WebLogic
3. WildFly and JBoss
4. GlassFish and Payara
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.