In this video, learn how to deploy the MySQL database driver and create a datasource.
- [Instructor] The Hplus IT directors asked … if we have configured the Payara server database resources. … And so, we're off to our next task. … Again, with the Payara Glassfish server started, … we're going to add our MySQL database driver … to the Payara instance using the CLI. … By typing bin/asadmin add-library, … and then we're going to go to our downloads, … select the database driver, … and hit enter. … This will prompt us for a username, we'll type admin, … and a password. … If everything was successful, … we should see a command that says … add-library executed successfully. … Alright, so now let's open back up our browser, … then go to the resources, … and select JDBC, … and then JDBC Connection Pools. … You'll notice that on this page, … there are a couple of different connection pools already. … Keep in mind, these are here for examples, … and not meant for production. … We'll click on the New buttton, … and in the Pool Name, I'm going to put HplusPool. … In the Resource Type, I'll select javax.sql.DataSource. …
AuthorMichael D. Rodgers, Jr
- Installing Tomcat
- Adding database drivers in Tomcat
- Tomcat clustering
- Installing WebLogic
- Deploying WAR files in WebLogic
- WebLogic clustering
- Installing WildFly
- Standalone vs. domain-mode clustering in WildFly
- Installing Payara
- Remote instance clustering in Payara
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Install the database4m 48s
1. Tomcat and TomEE
2. Oracle WebLogic
3. WildFly and JBoss
4. GlassFish and Payara
Next steps1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.