Kesha Williams explains how to map Java programming language types to and from XML definitions.
- [Instructor] JAX-B stands for the Java API…for XML binding and allows for data mapping…between Java and XML.…The mapping of Java programming language types,…to and from XML definitions, is delegated to JAX-B.…It follows the default Java-to-XML…and XML-to-Java mapping for each method parameter…and return type.…The usual JAX-B annotations…can be used to customize the mapping…to the generated schema.…JAX-B provides two main features,…the ability to marshal Java objects into XML…and the inverse, the ability to unmarshal XML…back into Java objects.…
I've opened the project in IntelliJ,…and navigated to the Application.java file.…So let's look at this class.…On line 8, notice I'm using the @XmlRootElement,…which allows the application class to be converted…to XML and vice versa.…Now, let's navigate to the application service.…And let's scroll down.…Let's look at line 19.…This is the line that's most important.…This is where I'm setting the SOAPBinding style.…Now, there are communication style models…that are used to translate a WSDL binding…
- Comparing when to use JAX-WS vs. JAX-RS
- Using JAX-RS annotations
- Accessing REST resources with JAX-RS
- Creating JAX-WS endpoints
- Writing RESTful services using JAX-RS
- Reading, writing, updating, and deleting data via endpoints
- Mapping to entities
- Error handling
- Testing web services
- Securing Java EE web services
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Contexts and Dependency Injectionwith Alex Theedom1h 43m Intermediate
WebSocket Programming with Java EEwith Alex Theedom1h 29m Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
1. Understanding Web Services
2. Building RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS
3. Accessing REST Resources with the JAX-RS Client API
4. Building SOAP Web Services with JAX-WS
5. Searching, Error Handling, and Testing in Web Services
6. Documentation, Logging, and Tracing
Next steps1m 51s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.