Join Ketkee Aryamane for an in-depth discussion in this video JsonbTransient, transient modifier, part of Java EE 8: JSON-B.
- [Instructor] Okay, let's take a look…at the customized option of ignoring certain properties.…One of these we've already seen…in one of our earlier videos.…We've already looked at the property visibility,…where we had talked about certain combinations,…and one of them was what happens…when you apply the "transient" modifier.…So we know that when you apply transient modifier…to any field, then that field is going…to be skipped during serialization, okay?…So that's the first option that you have with you…if you want to ignore a particular property.…
In addition to that, you can also add compile time,…use the JsonbTransient annotation.…Either you apply it directly on the field,…or on the getter/setter.…So let's check that annotation out.…Let's say, on the Product class,…we want to make sure that "shippingCompany"…is not a part of the generated JSON.…Let's say that's what we want to do.…So in that case, I'm going to say, JsonbTransient.…That's the annotation that I'm going to apply…on the "shippingCompany" property, okay?…
- JSON and JSON-B API basics
- Default mapping
- Defining beans and data
- Customized mapping
- Customizing the order of serialized properties
- Customizing constructors
- Working with binary data
- Custom serializers and deserializers
- Demo: Using JSON-B in a web application
Skill Level Intermediate
Java EE: Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP)with Ketkee Aryamane6h 14m Intermediate
Java EE: RESTful Service with JAX-RS 2.0with Alex Theedom2h 17m Intermediate
Map Java objects to JSON1m 14s
1. Overview and Setup
2. JSON Binding API: Default Mapping
3. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 1
4. JSON Binding API: Customized Mapping, Part 2
5. Adapters and Serializers
6. JSON-B in a Web Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.